Against all odds, The Renaissance City is truly living up to it’s name(most parts, but that’s a different post)These days!
From the University District at McNichols and Livernois to Riverside Park, Old Redford District to the edge of Grosse Pointe, there is renewal and the Breath Of Life flowing across my great city. As more and more people turn from Suburbanites to City Slickers, a Witch has to wonder: Where can I find great deals and support my new neighbors and City, while still getting quality service?
Well my friends, just in time for the Holidays, I have complied a list of Detroit’s Premier places to shop for all your Holistic, Metaphysical,Unique and Witchy needs!
Now, what makes this list any different from the same old recommendations floating around, internet retailers, or your usual tried and trues? Well, EVERYONE on this list is a Detroiter and their businesses are based in DETROIT.Detroit Proper.
- The MotownWitch – “Creative Magic”
Now, what would Detroit be without its resident Witch? Everything offered is hand-crafted by The Motown Witch (aka High Priestess Yvette-Louise) using the highest quality ingredients.The Motown Witch is dedicated to supplying customers with the finest quality spiritual products and services. She is excellent at and offers oils, herbs, hand-crafted soaps, body butters, incense, jewelry, spiritual baths, waters, ritual powders and salts, ritual and spell work.
If you’re looking for an Authentic ATR worker that has dedicated herself to serving her community, Contact The Motown Witch at: www.motownwitch.com / https://www.etsy.com/shop/MotownWitch Phone: 313-757-0689
2. Sacred Stone Collections – “Where Wellness and Transformation Can Ascend “
We Magickal People tend to have a rock addiction, as in stones and Crystals! This wonderful Proprietress, Fullmoon Ptah(Alisha Fullmoon Brown) is an expert in several healing modalities, one of which is Crystal healing. Sacred Stone Collections is your one stop shop. they have a vast variety of crystals in different forms. Her store consists of products that assist spiritually, mentally, physically as well as various supplies.
- They have rough and polished crystals/gemstones in various selections such as: Yoni eggs, pendulums, stones, geometry sets, wands, merkabahs and more.
- Spiritual products such as: White California Sage, Satya, Hem and other incense, resins, rocks, Palo Santo Wood Sticks and Florida Water.
- Rejuvenate your body with raw Shea butter and black soap, Nubian Heritage’s Organic Soaps, Body Washes and Lotions, then anoint yourself other fine oils.
- We also carry cast iron cauldrons, abalone shells, soapstone and wooden boxes, various velvet and silk bag for wands, crystals, Sacred Crystal eggs and pouches.
- Other services Fullmoon provides are:
- Crystal grid and body layouts
- Back herbal nerve application
- Magnetic Hematite spine realignment
- personal and group crystal workshops
- personal and family holistic coaching
- Sacred Crystal Eggs Consultant and Affiliate Program(Make Money while you shop!!!)
- gemstone consultant
- Fullmoon Ptah is also a distributor for Young Living High Therapeutic Essential Oils and Pure Herbs Herbal Extracts!
You can contact Fullmoon Ptah directly at 313-303-7765 and www.ssccrystals.rocks
3. Blooming Lotus Wellness – “Because YOU ARE worth it!”
Eventually we all get to a point where we realize a need to reunite with the Divine Feminine for our healing and restoration. Blooming Lotus Wellness is a place where Women and Men can find peace, tranquility, healing and Love. Love of self and a whole being; Mind, body, soul and womb. Danyelle Claxton is skilled and trained to assist both men and women along their wellness journey using the holistic tools of food, herbs, prayer, meditation, and exercise, to bring your mind, body and spirit back into alignment and into a state of balance and dis-eased free. The Blooming Lotus Offers:
- Womb and Health Consultations
- Yoni Womb Steam Consultations
- Yoga Sessions
- Belly Dance Session
- Pre Natal Doula and Birth Services
- Vegetarian, Vegan and Raw Food Prep Services
- Weight Loss Services
- Pure Herbs Liquid Tenturs
- Queen Afua Wellness Products
You can TEXT “BLWELLNESS” TO 28228, Call (313) 516-1789 or go to http://www.mybloominglotuswellness.com/
So after you’ve gotten your Herbs, oils and rocks, you will most likely need something to package them in! Something no herbalist, Cunning person or Witch ever has enough of is bottles and jars. While you could go to a big box store, why not stay local and unique and checkout this detroit gem! While the website might not be fancy, I promise the quality and service can’t be beat. You can check them out at:
1941 West Fort Street
Detroit, Michigan 48216
Hours:8:00 am – 4:00 pm Eastern Time, Monday – Friday.
Phone: (866) 341-5172
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Mecca Aroma – “Radiate Beauty From the Inside Out”
Mecca Aroma® is part of a family business that has existed for the past 30 years. Mecca Aroma is importer and distributor of the finest grade “A” top quality oils. They have a huge selection of over 1,000 fragrances in stock and continuously growing each and everyday. 100% free from alcohol, we also carry burning oils, essential oils, punk sticks and natural beauty products. If you’re looking for a bulk supplier of incense and perfume supplies, or looking to get into retail yourself, all vendors are welcome. No customer is too small. They ship nationally and worldwide. Orders are usually processed within 24 hours. You can check them out at:
15370 Grand River Ave
Tel: (313) 835-2295
6. Crown’s Royalties – “Authentic To The Bone”
If you are looking for handmade, African jewelry with authentic free-trade beads and stones, check out this woman’s Facebook page! She has irresistible African Trade Bead jewelry with timeless beauty with affordable prices.CROWN’S ROYALTIES is not just a jewelry company. They also have handmade and organic body and skin products as well! You can also contact her via: http://www.crownsroyalties.weebly.com/
Phone: (313) 451 0297
7. Twisted Willow Soap Company – “Get Twisted”
YES, they ARE made in DETROIT. trust me, I’ve seen where the Magick happens!
This wonderful company is guided by 3 Powerhouse Women and are a favorite across all demographics. Not necessarily a Magickal company per se, however the deeply moisturizing soaps, lotions and balms work wonders on My family’s dry skin.
They have an array of wonderful scents (or, none!) and products that are great for those with special needs (Eczema, cancer, arthritis, etc) . Twisted Willow is an organic bath and body company that believes in creating a quality, luxury product that is good for the body, mind, soul, and planet. ALL of their products are hand-made in small batches, and fair trade. With the exception of a few scent oils, our products are also 100% organic. They even take some special orders!
You can find this wonderful company at:
Gibraltar Trade Center
or Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/Twistedwillowsoap/
Okay people, this list is by no means exhaustive, so if you know of another little known Detroit Proper Gem of a Detroiter’s , caring is sharing so drop it in the comments!
Go Forth, Share, and SHOP SMALL!